2012 - I had Vertical Sleeve Gastric Surgery in October 2012, and this is my journey to push the fat girl aside and start living life without fear of lawn chairs, the middle seat, clothing shops and high heels. Among other things.

2017 - I'm preop for the Duodenal Switch procedure for my sleeve to help me get to goal weight....and to fix another hiatal hernia.


Monday, August 14, 2017

Upper GI X-rays Tomorrow

Tonight at 10pm, nothing more by mouth for my upper GI tomorrow morning.

I've only had barium once before, post first VSG, to make sure there were no leaks. Or, at least I think it was barium... pain meds make things fuzzy.

Very excited to kick this off again. I've also started an instagram account: TammyTake_2 if you want to link up where the "kids hang out"!!

This morning I was down on the scales again, which is great! But then I get wracked with guilt... am I just not trying hard enough? Can I do this without another surgery!? Ug, such ugly feelings. I have worked hard and I never came close to my goal weight, so I know that this is the right decision. I have to keep reminding myself that.

I've struggled for three years and done nothing but creep ever upwards. This is the right decision.

I found my 1 year pictures from 2013 and I'm excited to see the next phase of progress!




No comments:

Post a Comment